The *official Senn High School Alumni website representing all of the Senn Alumni.

Construction of Senn


The Year was 1908 when the actual construction had begun on Senn High School. 

The School finally opened in February of 1913 with an enrollment of 600 students. 

In the early days, all the sports were played on its front campus, for the side wings had not yet existed. 

Finally in 1931, the construction of the 2 side wing halls were added to the massive original building. Above is the South wing. 


Above showing the North wing.


A construction crane shown in the west end of the school, what is now the back parking lot.  



1st. Principal Benjamin Buck returned to the school in 1931 to oversee the mass construction project. Benjamin Buck had left Senn in 1928 and became the Supertendent of schools. 


More of the North Wing expansion. 


At one point, Senn's chimney was the tallest structure in the area.


Today, 102 years later Senn High School has gone through many vast changes, but its decor and glamour still is a beautiful site. 

Today the front campus is just a beautiful grass park area, where many neighbors walk their dogs and socialize with one another. Trees have been added through out the campus and some recent trees  have even been planted by former principal John T.Martin. There is also a memorial rock located in the front campus for Marge Hutchinson a former P.T.S.A.- President-teachers aide. 


The building itself is a true landmark.


To show your support on this web site and for it to continue on, please help support the web site to keep it  going.
 
Website Builder